Know More. Risk Less.
Blair Pruitt, Inc.
All Rights Reserved ©
Call the inspector
Expert Witness Slip Fall Hawaii Building Inspector Expert Witness ADA Compliance and Accessibility Pacific Northwest Forensic Expert Witness Association Washington State Slip Fall Expert Witness Expert Witness Parking Lot Premises Liability Colorado Premises Liability Expert Witness California Slip Trip Fall Expert Witness Coefficient of Friction Measurements Oregon Slip Fall Expert Witness
When providing litigation support to my clients on matters of personal injury, I
call upon my extensive experience in building inspections, my technical knowledge,
and my observational and communication skills to render objective and accurate evaluations.
My areas of expertise focus on premises liability, slip, trip, and fall matters,
I use the knowledge gained when earning code-
As a professional property inspector since 2002, I have observed and reported on the condition of thousands of commercial, institutional and residential properties. I draw on that large bank of experience to establish a frame of reference I can bring to my clients’ cases as a consulting and testifying expert.
Attorneys representing plaintiffs and those representing defendants have retained my services. In the course of providing consulting services I have performed site inspections, provided consultations, written reports, analyzed opposing expert witness reports, and testified. The cases I have worked on involved personal injury or death.
If your case involves the complexities of building codes, inadequate maintenance, or floor slip resistance testing, please consider me to augment your legal team. I can use my skills and knowledge to better inform counsel, the clients, and the trier of fact.
Please feel free to contact me for more information and a copy of my CV.
Blair Pruitt, WACH
Areas of Expertise:
Stairs, Walkways, Ramps, Decks
Accessibility on the paths of egress
Building Code Compliance
Slips, Trips, and Falls
Floor slip resistance testing-
Coefficient of friction measurements
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
• Provided property condition assessments of commercial buildings for investors, owners, and lessees.
• Provides litigation support as a consulting and testifying expert. Areas of specialty include assessment of the design, construction, and condition of stairs, walkways, ramps, decks, lighting, and other building components. Retaining counsel for both defendants and plaintiffs have requested consultation in cases involving slips and falls, and premises liability issues
Case Summary: The plaintiff was an elderly woman whose cane stuck in a wide crack in a sidewalk when she left a hospital clinic. She died shortly after emergency surgery needed to address her injuries. In my investigation I showed that the condition of the sidewalk constituted a trip hazard because the property owner's procedures for inspection and maintenance, did not conform to national safety standards. I also brought to light the facts that the accessible routes at the hospital grounds were inadequately identified. Because the location of the accessible route was not clearly visible to users, the plaintiff followed the path with the unsafe walking surface. The case settled with an award to the plaintiff's estate.
• Provides floor slip resistance testing.
• Provided building surveys for construction companies prior to, and after major construction and infrastructure projects. Responsibilities included evaluating and documenting structural conditions of commercial, institutional, and residential buildings, and municipal infrastructure that could be influenced by nearby construction projects.
• Provided residential inspections for buyers, pre-